CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Doors

Alright, before I begin this, sorry about failing to put up new lyrics. I started on a song, thought it was really good, then it turned out terrible, and I've been too busy to write since.

Now, to begin. The Doors. I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of them, and has heard of their epic-ness. They're pretty awesome, and they're a classic. I'm pretty sure that their reign of music was in the sixties, and I'm pretty sure they stopped in the seventies, maybe even before.
They write primarily blues-rock music. They tend to have long songs that have about six minutes of keyboard instrumental. They have one of the greatest vocalists, Jim Morrison, who also writes the lyrics. He has one of the widest ranges, going from a bass up to a tenor. When he gets really high though, he tends to go into a screamy sound. (As heard in Break on Through). Their keyboardist is pretty good as he can play two very different parts and make it sound like a different instrument.

Three of their songs I find to be incredible, more incredible then the rest. I'm also planning on learning all three on the guitar.

Spanish Caravan. This song is probably my favorite right now. It starts with some semi-complicated sweeping chords. It then goes into a nice acoustic intro. Jim Morrison has great vocals here. After the first verse a keyboard comes in playing the same exact part as the guitar. Once Jim starts singing again, the keyboard goes into a really cool sound. To me it sounds space-age. Morrison's voice goes pretty low in this song, which sounds really good.

People are Strange. This song I tried to learn by ear on the guitar. I got lost once Jim started to sing, in other words, after three notes. This one has pretty nice vocals, and relatively simple guitar, which I can learn easily. Its got a nice slowish solo, and great lyrics. The guitar adds a great effect, and its got nice whammy on the second verse after the solo.

Love me Two Times. This song is really bluesy. It starts out with a blues riff on the guitar, which follows through the entire song supporting the chord changes. Really nice vocals in this one, great lyrics two. I love the guitar, and I think that is the main reason why I like this song. There is also a nice sounding keyboard and guitar chord that sounds dissonant, which adds a little change.

So, tell me what you think, and which one is your favorite!

0 comments: