CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Contrast

So I have three current obsessions at the moment. They are all very different from eachother.

The first, you may know. Damien Rice. His song, Cannonball, I find at the moment very musical, and lyrical. Once I get my guitar again I plan on learning it.
The second, you may also know. Tenacious D. This is Jack Black's band, and you may have heard a lot of hype over their movie, The Pick of Destiny. Their song, Master Exploder, I like for its humor, great guitar, and Jack Black's incredible vocals. It is also confirmed as a song on Rock Band 2, which is coming out this fall. Unfortunately, I cannot find a link to the clean version. If you are fine with swearing, then you can look it up yourself. (Don't worry, I have and only listen to the clean version ;))
The last I am positive almost none of you have heard of. His name is Serj Tankian. He was the lead singer for the nu-metal band System of a Down. His song, Feed Us, is by far one of my favorites. This song portrays a lot of politics within the lyrics, mainly about the Middle East, and I find the music and his voice to be captivating.

So please, comment and let me know what you think. I'd like to know who is your favorite out of the three (Though I'm positive Damien Rice will win, unless you guys have different taste then I expected).

P.S. Check in soon for a new song.

2 comments:

Konga said...

I think that the Serj song is my fav out of those three. Then the Damien Rice one, then Tenacious D. But, you chose "Tribute" for Tenacious D it would definitely be my top pick. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Ruthie said...

It will be so great to see you in just 24 hours! I am enjoying your blog, man, you are creative! Talk to you soon!